Once again in 2013, the COMP Performance Group™ trailer and staff will present at every stop on the Hot Rod Power Tour - one of the biggest and best road trips in the nation for performance enthusiasts. A variety of special events are scheduled throughout the week, including a highly anticipated cruise night in downtown Memphis (home of CPG) on the evening of Tuesday, June 4th.
Among the special promotions slated for the week is the return of the popular Golden Ticket contest. In this program Long Haulers are rewarded for promoting and supporting CPG brands such as COMP Cams®, TCI®, FAST™, ZEX™, RHS®, Quarter Master®, Inglese™ and others. CPG event staff will scour the grounds at each location, and will hand out up to 25 Golden Tickets during the week.
The contest culminates in Charlotte on Saturday, June 7th, when one name will be randomly drawn to win a product certificate valued at $10,000. It can be used on a single purchase across any of the COMP Performance Group™ brands. Participants must be present to win, and all ticketholders must have their tickets in hand at the drawing.
Having served years of duty as a tow truck/wrecker before its retirement, this 1936 Ford Model 51 truck was purchased from its second owner, who had kept it stored in his barn since 1948. Fortunately for lovers of these pioneering workhorses, it was then made the subject of a museum quality restoration that was completed in 2009 to the tune of approximately $125,000. The results speak for themselves. Every component has been rebuilt to look and function as new, including the specialized rear body and fully operative towing rig originally built by the Fischer Crane Company of Bolingbrook, Illinois.
Fans of the Touchstone Pictures 2000 remake of the 1974 cult movie "Gone in 60 Seconds" will recognize this as the original Eleanor, the modified 1967 Ford Mustang piloted by retired master car thief Memphis Raines, played by Nicholas Cage. Several cars were built to handle various duties during the filming of Gone, but this is serial number 7R02C179710, the “Hero” car driven by Cage during filming and used in movie close-ups, posters and promotional materials, in the process launching a whole new trend in Resto Modding.
Built by Cinema Vehicle Services (CVS), the design of the car is a work of art, literally. Well-known hot rod designer Steve Stanford sketched out the original concept drawing for the car before the vehicle was brought to life by CVS. The builders were able to mock up Eleanor's body pieces on a Mustang using clay and wood. Molds were then made to produce a new fiberglass front end filled with high-powered PIAA driving lights, new fender flares, side skirts and scoops, hood and trunk lid. The front suspension was replaced with a lowered and reinforced coilover spring arrangement with power rack and pinion steering; 4-wheel disc brakes were installed and Goodyear Eagle F1 tires mounted on Schmidt 8x17-inch Cobra-style wheels.
Mr. Zora Arkus-Duntov, an automotive engineering genius and legend, was nicknamed “Mr. Corvette”. On December 25, 1909, Mr. Zora Arkus-Duntov was born in Belgium by his beloved Russian parents. By 1934, he graduated with a degree in mechanical engineering from the Institute of Charolttenburn, Berlin. By 1941, he decided to make a move to the United States of America.
By 1953, he began his career with General Motors as the Corvette Chief Engineer after he saw the XP-122 running Corvette prototype at the GM show in the Waldorf Astoria Hotel. At that time, Mr. Arkus-Duntov sent a handwritten letter and appraisal of the car to Mr. Edward Cole, former Chief Engineer of Chevrolet. Mr. Cole was so impressed by Mr. Arkus-Duntov that he asked him to join the Chevrolet team as a research and development engineer under Mr. Maurice Olley, former research chief. From there, a wonderful relationship developed between Mr. Arkus-Duntov and many early famous Corvette models.
The early days of Chrysler's manufacturing started its journe back in 1924 when the Jefferson plant opened its doors to Chrysler. The first automobiles manufactured at the Jefferson plant were early vehicles from the Thomas-Detroit, Chalmers Motor Car Company, and eventually the Maxwell automobiles. At the time, the total floor area of the Jefferson plant equaled 2,216,386 square feet.
The Dodge brothers, John and Horace Dodge, were main contributors to the automotive manufacturing process before Walter P. Chrysler’s heritage begun. The Dodge Brothers Motor Car Company plant was located between Joseph Campau Avenue and Conant Avenue, north of Dunn road, in Hamtramck, Michigan. In 1914, the Dodge Main plant opened its doors and during this time, hand-operated chain hoist mechanisms were used for its workers on the assembly line. The Dodge Main plant generated a positive growth of residents for the community of Hamtramck.
New eight-stack induction systems from Inglese™ allow users to bolt EFI throttle bodies to modern LS engines while retaining classic style.
The idea of classic style combined with the superior performance of modern LS engines has become a reality with new Inglese™ LS 8-Stack Induction Systems. Designed to work with either EZ-EFI® or XFI™ Fuel Injection Systems, all necessary components such as sensors, injectors, IAC and a vacuum plenum are integrated, making the manifold an easy bolt on. Inglese™ LS 8-Stack Induction Systems use FAST™ intake face o-ring seals and also include cast-in nitrous bungs that can be drilled out for running nitrous.
Classic Performance Products, Inc., introduces a new line of rear protouring-style sway bars with clevis-style endlinks and hollow bars. Improve the cornering performance and traction of your 1955-57 Chevy car, 1970-81 Camaro or 1967-70 Ford Mustang with these new sway bars. CPP’s sway bar offers an attractive and effective way to tie the frame rails together for that protouring experience.
The kits include adjustable heim end-links, premium mounting hardware, laser cut frame mount brackets, greasable polyurethane bushings, grade 8 bolts and gloss black powder coat finish. Protouring bars are available with standard axle clamps & bushing brackets or upgraded with billet aluminum.