PDA

View Full Version : 68 camaro drum to disc conversion

russramey
08-28-2010, 11:14 PM
Converted my 68 camaro from drum/drum to disc/drum. Got the kit that included everything
except master cylinder. Want setup to be a manual disc setup. I understand that I need a different MC than the original drum/drum one. I'm going to get the correct manual MC w/prop. valve. My question is, do I need to retain the original distribution block, and how is the MC, the prop. valve and distribution block all plumbed together? Thanks in advance.

CPPAaron
08-30-2010, 07:19 AM
You can get the part # MCPVS-2 (manual master/prop valve kit) and plumb directly into the proportional valve and bypass the stock equipment.

Flash68
10-05-2010, 01:35 AM
You can get the part # MCPVS-2 (manual master/prop valve kit) and plumb directly into the proportional valve and bypass the stock equipment.

I have a similar but slightly different scenario. Hoping you can help.

Would you still recommend your MCPVS-2 for me? I am also converting a 68 Camaro from front disc/rear drum to disc/disc (all manual) and currently have an unidentifiable MC and a separate knob-style adjustable prop valve.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

CPPAaron
10-05-2010, 07:11 AM
Yes, that would also be a good fit on your application. With this installed; it takes the adjustment out and pre-sets the system... Bleed it and go!

Flash68
10-06-2010, 02:14 AM
thanks Aaron for the guidance!

CPPAaron
10-06-2010, 07:11 AM
no problem, thats what we are here for! Feel free to post questions!