PDA

View Full Version : Spindle Drop 2 12"

dwf
10-08-2010, 06:19 AM
So, I'm thinking about the CPP kit (6770GSK6D gland slam) for my 69 longbed custom.
Question, with the 2 1/2" drop spindles and 1" spring lower in the front, will I be able to run the 15x8 wheel with lets say a 255/75 on it without any problems. (i.e. rubbing) Or do I go with a narrower wheel and space it out right to the fender. Main thing I want is to fill up the fender well. BTW I'm doing 4" drop springs in back.

Thank you for your time...

AzDon
03-08-2011, 07:53 PM
I just joined, so I'm a few months late to this thread...... I used the 2.5 spindles and clipped one full coil and ended up five inches lower even though I only expected about four (the extra inch came from indexing the "D" opening in the top of the spring properly) I'm using the narrow (6") chevy truck ralleys' that came off a van and I was using 225/75/15s without any clearance issues. When I'd hit a dip too hard the treads would rub the top of the wheelwell. I'm thinking that a much bigger 75 on an 8" is not gonna work, but you never know!

hibaaryan
01-08-2015, 04:47 AM
They will accept the stock spindles or any kit that uses the same tapers. The springs and shocks are stock components.