PDA

View Full Version : Leaf springs 65 Nova

stainless1
11-06-2010, 11:47 AM
Hi all, I recently upgraded the stock front drum brakes on my 65 Nova to disk, utilizing one of the kits from CPP. Upon completion, I drove it to my local front end shop to have the allignment checked. While talking with the mechanic, I mentioned that I had a bad rear end hop problem and that I had bought a set of slapper bars. He looked at the rear end and seemed surprised that I only had one leaf spring on either side. He said someone had removed two of the leaves to lower it.

It should be noted that when I bought the Nova the front springs had been cut to lower the front end, and I had the same mechanic rebuild the front suspension with new springs, which raised it about 3 inches. Since then, I attended a car show and looked at another Nova with a V8 and it had single leaf springs. What gives? What is stock? I've got air shockes in the rear and my rear sits about 2 inches lower than the front. Would three leaves solve my traction problem and raise the rear 2 inches and the same time, or if the single leaf is stock, should I use the slapper bars and add more air to the shocks to level it out? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

CPPAaron
11-08-2010, 07:10 AM
The Mono leafs are stock... They do make replacement multi leaf springs (3 leaf) See the link! (the picture is Generic)

Classic Car and Truck Brake, Steering and Suspension Parts (http://www.classicperform.com/Store/1962_67_Chevy_Nova/6267RLSS.htm)

stainless1
11-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Aaron, I went to the link and it says the replacement 3 leaf set up will not work on vehicles that were equipped with monos. ???????

CPPAaron
11-09-2010, 06:27 AM
Good Morning,

They will, all it takes is to either change to a U-bolt around the axle tube or the longer T-bolts. Give me a call when you have a minute. I'd be happy to set this up for you.