PDA

View Full Version : '66 Mustang kit questions

ScottsGT
11-06-2010, 06:41 PM
Just a few minutes ago I stumbled across a photo of one of your mini Sub frame kits on the Vintage Mustang Forums. I have to have this set up! But I have a few questions first. Which spindles are used? Stock? Or any of the upgrades guys are doing on the Mustangs such as Granada or Versailles? Which springs? Stock style? Cannot seem to find much tech info on your website for Mustangs. Well, none actually.

OK, just found the install pdf. It appears as if the stock ball joint is used on the upper, but what kind of lower ball joint is used? I see the spring perch also needs to be installed and it looks like a stock springs set up from there. Really nice system!
I'll be ordering soon!

CPPAaron
11-08-2010, 07:33 AM
They will accept the stock spindles or any kit that uses the same tapers. The springs and shocks are stock components.

buck173
12-07-2011, 02:54 PM
hi,

i have already installed one of you kits. my car might be slightly different then others. it has 71-73 spindles and is lowered 1.5 with springs. like a some other people my ball joints boots like fairly compressed. i removed the boots and did a mock up and there is no binding though.
so my question is simple, it looks like a mopar ball joint k727, will there be any obvious reason (excepting cost lol) not to install a longer ball joint stud (.5 inch longer), like a Howes style?
since my car is lowered i'm thinking it might correct my geometry some, as a by product.

thanks
buck