PDA

View Full Version : 57 truck PS turning radius

bungalo
01-10-2011, 05:52 AM
I have your GM box on my 57. Is there a remedy to regain full turning radius? If the box was mounted further forward, or a shorter drag link was used,(mine is adjusted as short as possible), full radius could be achieved. Any thoughts on this? Thanks

CPPAaron
01-10-2011, 08:22 AM
You will have to run a different backspace and most likely a narrower wheel.

bungalo
01-11-2011, 06:05 AM
I should have clarified a little bit. I knew about the tire issue,so I resolved that,and set the right side stop bolt, but there is room for more turning radius on a left hand turn. That's where I was hoping to get a little more.

CPPAaron
01-11-2011, 07:07 AM
Well you would not want to alter the position or change anything else. Typically you can adjust the radius and the steering stop once you know the limit for clearance to the steering box.

bungalo
01-11-2011, 07:15 AM
Well you would not want to alter the position or change anything else. Typically you can adjust the radius and the steering stop once you know the limit for clearance to the steering box.
Correct. But if only I could shorten the drag link length a bit more, I would be good to go. But it's as short as it will get. That's my dilemma. Need the link about an 1" shorter, and I would be happy.