PDA

View Full Version : '65 Chevy Truck Power Brakes

rt65dh
02-20-2011, 08:40 AM
I have installed the CPP power brake kit on my '65 chevy truck. The MC took forever to bench bleed, but I finally got all the air out. After install, I have no leaks anywhere, but the pedal is still spongy and when I start the engine the pedal drops straight to the floorboard?? Any ideas??

CPPAaron
02-22-2011, 03:45 PM
To me it sounds like this master needs to be bench blead again... Still sounds like air in the master.

rt65dh
02-22-2011, 03:49 PM
Aaron, thx for the reply. It's bench bled. I plugged both ports and the pedal is as hard as a rock? Do you think one of the brake cylinders (like the rear drums) may be leaking? I see fluid, but would that make the pedal that spongy?

CPPAaron
02-22-2011, 03:54 PM
Yes, if they leak; replace them!

rt65dh
02-26-2011, 03:28 PM
OK, I'm going nuts...replaced both rear drum wheel cylinders, bled them, same thing. Soft pedal when the motor is off and still drops to the floor with the engine running. Could it have to do with pedal height? When I start it, when running the wheels spin slowly, when I step on the pedal it goes to the floor, but wheels stop. Could the proportioning valve be bad? Doesn't make sense that I plug the MC and the pedal is as hard as a rock...the minute I hook up the lines the pedal is soft. I can't help but think the MC is bad. The system is too simple for this much pain!

CPPAaron
02-28-2011, 07:02 AM
Still sounds like air in the master! Pull the master back off and do another bench bleed... if there is air in it you'll never be able to get it out without bleeding on the bench again.

rt65dh
02-28-2011, 05:49 PM
Thx for the help. I bench bled it again...same thing. I will go buy a new MC tomorrow. I have wasted too much time on this.