PDA

View Full Version : 71-72 steering on 67 C10

Grumpy
10-23-2013, 10:11 PM
I am im in need of some direction on a 67 c10 I bought a few mounths back. It had already been lowerd by who knows who. So decided I was going to re do the front end because it was flat out worn out. This is my first go round with a truck that wasnt new. So thinking I knew what I was doing I orderd a lowering kit from Beltech. Spindles, shocks and spings. Then continued to order ball joints, inner and outter tie rod ends, pitman and ilder arms from another place I wont mention but very disapointed in the over seas products. Of course I ordered for a 67 c10. Start putting it to gether and tie rods are not fitting correctly. I read alot the last few days on every site I could to find my problem. The 67 was converted to 71-72 disc brakes I find out after I have the parts. Well big problem. Center links are different sizes between those years. So no I know I have to return the parts back to our lmc friends and try to figure out what is going work with my center link my truck barrowed from a 71-72 doner. keep in mind I have those nice Beltech spindles I would love to keep and use if all posssible without returning them. So question is can I use inner and outter tie rod ends for a 71-72 and work on the beltech spindles that were orderd for a 67.
Any help info, experience with this problem I ran into would be greatfully appreciated.

Thank you much

billgate123
03-18-2015, 10:40 PM
The bolt hole for the caliper doesn't line up right. Where the caliper fits in the spindle, the u shaped area seems to be too long and the caliper bolt hole won't line up with the hole in the spindle. Is it ok to grind some of the spindle material off till the caliper bolt hole lines up with the spindle bolt hole? Seems an easy fix I just hope the bottom hole lines up when I get the top to fit.

Usman