PDA

View Full Version : Need installation info on how the 6472WBK-C5 kit goes together for my 67 Chevelle.

chuckd396
03-03-2014, 09:18 PM
Cant seem to find any info on the site under installation info. I pulled the hardware out but just cant see how it all goes together. There are four gold bolts which I assume are for the steering arm and the longer one holds the new machined caliper bracket but the hole on the bracket is to small for bolt. The upper mount for the bracket is chamfered and had an allen nut to fit flush. There is a loose machined part that looks like it fits under the bracket at the top but then the allen bolt isn't long enough to thread into the oem drum spindle. Please help!:confused:

This is the "bolt-on" kit using stock oem drum spindles not the C5 spindled kit...

Thanks

CPPAaron
03-04-2014, 06:51 AM
The spacer is only used if its a disc brake spindle. The drum brake spindle has a taller upper anchor bolt boss so that spacer is not used.

chuckd396
03-04-2014, 08:22 AM
Ok I was thinking that was the case with the spacer

On another note, why doesnt the long golden colored bolt not fit through the caliper bracket? The hole is to small.
See picture attached

Do you have an exploded view or any pdf files for installation?