PDA

View Full Version : pump mounting

nicksteve
07-29-2014, 12:31 PM
I have a 65 chevelle and I bought the big block mounting bracket kit for short water pump models. I am having difficulty getting the pump pulley to run parallel with the crank pulley. I have shimmed the bracket but it still is not right. How close does it need to be? What else can I do?

CPPAaron
07-29-2014, 01:46 PM
You might have to change either pulley. You really want the have them run true and inline.

nicksteve
07-30-2014, 06:22 AM
I have an original big block pulley, the offset looks good. The pulley looks like it is leaning out at the outside and in on the inside. The pulley runs straight and true. I have a reproduction bracket from CPP and the pivot bracket. This set-up uses the remote reservoir pump. The bracket has a hole for the frount bolt and a slot for the rear stud. I had the pull the stud up out of the slot to get the pulley to run closer to the correct plane.

nicksteve
08-06-2014, 02:25 PM
I finally got it straight. Took off the CPP bracket and put on an old factory one I had that was beat-up looking and needed paint. Pump was straight and pullys are now in line.