PDA

View Full Version : Brake Confusion

66 540 Bu
06-30-2016, 10:34 PM
I was sold the Level 4 Pro Touring package for my '66 Malibu that included CPP's big brake kit for the front and back. The issue I'm having now is at it seems that my front track is wider than it was before with the drum brakes. I'm not sure if this is due to the brake package because when I tried to cross reference what I was sold per my invoice with the website or catalog I can't find the part number that is listed on my invoice.

The part number I was sent is 6474WBK-P13R, which I couldn't find on the website, the catalog Chevelle section, or catalog section 12, Technical Info which I assume list all of the various types of brake packages for each make and the impact each has on overall track.

Does anyone know how to decipher these part numbers, or know what that part number consists of? I find it odd that I can't cross reference that part number anywhere, as well as, why wasn't I sent one of the 4 part numbers listed under my make and model for the big brake kit???

CPPAaron
07-06-2016, 07:20 AM
It depends on how old the kit is. Current kits (last 8+ years) the brakes keep the same track width as drums.
The original kits had the same change as stock chevelle brakes, 5/8" per side out.