Thread: Mini subframe kits

Smile Mini subframe kits

Hello I'm a new member. I just bought a 65 Nova. It has a built 350 and a Borg Warner 5 speed. It's just what I've been looking for, however it's scary to drive. Has major front suspension issues. I took it to a front end place for an estimate and was told it needs upper ball joints, upper and lower bushings, and heavier (V8) coil springs. They want $1100 and $600 of that is labor. Then I read an article on line about the mini sub frame kits. I'm thinking of going that route and upgrading the suspension rather than just rebuilding it. Has anyone here installed one. I would really appreaciate some input on these kits. the difference between the standard and the delux? Is it difficult to install? I haven't worked on a car since high school auto shop in the mid 60's. If I pay to have it installed, what will be a fair price? Thanks, stainless1

Default CPP Mini Subframe kit!

Good Afternoon Stainless1,

Welcome to the site! The Nova Mini subframe kit we make is a great upgrade! Makes these cars handle and drive alot better! One thing I dont like about stock nova suspensions is that unsettling feeling... Following every creek and crack in the road. I never enjoyed that... The CPP Mini sub frame is a great fix for the stock Nova front end. Basically a night and day differance. The best way I describe it as it handles like a car not a nova

The difference in the kits is that the upper and lower arm kit (#6267TCA-ULK-B) is just that, the upper and lower a-arms, cross member, ball joints and mounting hardware.
    http://www.classicperform.com/NewPro...-ULK-large.jpg

Then we have the deluxe kit that includes the same as above as well as the coil springs, shocks and spring purches!
    http://www.classicperform.com/NewPro...CA-K-Large.jpg

Also, not forget the other odds and ends like Tie rods, sleeves, idler arm etc.

1962-67 Chevy II / Nova Parts. The Finest in Suspension, Brakes, Steering and Accessories.

All the above is really not that hard to install. If you have a shop do the work you could reference the above links. Really though it can be done in a weekend if you decide to do it yourself! The only thing you'll need to have done is an alignment....

Please feel free to call or email me if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Aaron Strietzel
    aaron@classicperform.com
    Classic Performance Products Inc.
    175 East Freedom Avenue
    Anaheim, Ca. 92801
    www.classicperform.com
    714/522-2000
    714/522-2500 fax