Thread: Hello everybody. Tony from sunny South Jersey

Default Hello everybody. Tony from sunny South Jersey

Hi everybody. I'm usually on Chevelles.com and a couple of other sites but got an invite to join here so decided to visit. I've been around for a while (old head) and worked for Roger Penske back in the late 60's, early 70's and did mostly performance work. Saw allot of great muscle cars back then and worked on quite a few also. In the Mid 70's I went out on my own and had a gas station/repair center for a few years. I continued working in the automotive industry as mechanic and transmission builder until the mid 85's and then went to Lincoln Tech in administration using my automotive experience but eventually wanted to get back into my own business and move away from the automotive field. I started up a security alarm business in 1987 and have done extremely well which has allowed me to indulge in many expensive toys over the years. Although security has been my life for almost 25 years I have never lost the love of turning a wrench, owning the unusual and driving fast. Hope I can share my knowledge and experience with other members as I have always done.
    [I][B]If it was easy, everybody would be doing it [/B][/I]

Default Hello Jersey

You must have had some exciting times with Penske. I remember the old days when he was racing with Mark Donohue, especially the Can-Am turbo Porsche's. It was a sad day when the world lost Mark but it's fun today to watch his son David run and win in the Rolex cup.

Anyway I hope you enjoy the site.

Hey Welcome aboard from another newbe just joined and hoping it gets and stays busy here. Love learning new tricks of the trade and sharing ideas. I am an old hot rod shop owner for the past 30 years, and could not think of anything else I would rather be doing.
    Thanks Steve

Pro Metal Shop
    4431 Snydertown Road
    Danville, PA. 17821