Thread: brakes no good

Default brakes no good

its me again here is my problem i installed a 5564wbk-so brake kit in 2008 the brakes have not been good since.i can not slide the front tires on dirt. they are not power.ok i have been reading on your site about deep bore master cylinder for manual brakes.on my ticket it says i have a short pocket disc/drum ms dbmco9c. could my problem be the mastercylinder i have a brake bleeder and used it for many years. i want to buy drop spindles what will work with what i have? with drop spindles will it kick my wheels out more or less? i also have a prop. valve pv71 all new brakes lines hard and flex. i want to get my brakes working right first. have any input?

On a manual brake the piston in the master is a deep bore (pedal rod in the piston about 1 1/4") this is used so the rod wont come loose under the dash. You say that the brakes will bot lock up and it feels like no power? Are you saying you have a power booster on it? If so; the vacuum requirement is 18" at idle as a minimum.

As for drop spindles, We offer kits that move the wheel out the same as the kit you have but would require the use of different brake components. You can (in most cases) re-use your calipers but thats about it. The rotors and bearings will have to be changed due to the spindle pin on the drop spindles are different.

Thanks,
    Aaron Strietzel
    Email Aaron
    Classic Performance Products Inc.
    378 E. Orangethorpe Ave
    Placentia, CA 92870
    Visit Our Site
    714/522-2000
    714/522-2500 fax

Default brakes no good

no i do not have power brakes. i think the mastercylinder is wrong i know the bores are different from manual to power.manual have smaller bores? i have an car 55 my parents got new that has drums brakes it stops better than the disc car.i have a good pedal you have to really mash it hard to stop .what is wrong? tell me something i can try. thanks

What bore master cylinder do you have? What did you purchase it for?
    Aaron Strietzel
    Email Aaron
    Classic Performance Products Inc.
    378 E. Orangethorpe Ave
    Placentia, CA 92870
    Visit Our Site
    714/522-2000
    714/522-2500 fax