Thread: 60 F100 Disk Brake Conversion

Default 60 F100 Disk Brake Conversion

I want to install front disk brakes on a 60 f100. Are there any good step-by-step instructions located on the web or elsewhere? Comments or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Default Brake coversion

Pcr. I just finished upgrading the front drum brakes on my 65 Nova to disk, using a kit from CCP. I went to the download section of this website and found a step by step which utilized the exact same number kit. I printed it out, including the photos and followed it to a "T". The only difference was it was an eariler kit and utilized a different Master cylinder and proportioning valve but I was able to get by that. My only problems were running the two crossover lines which are made for power brakes and mine is manuel. 1. runs from the prop valve forward to the front crossmember and across to the right front brake block on the inside of the fenderwell. 2. runs the same way and connects to the rear brake line close to the passenger side firewall. I used a CCP kit which included one short and two long pre-bent lines. Because I didn't have a booster, the long lines were 5" short and, I assume are not bent for headers. I ended up buying a 5' and 2 -3' lengths of line and using them. I also ran each line in three separate pieces in order stay clear of the headers and I had a lot of trouble with leaks at each coupling. I finally solved the leaking problems with teflon tape, (anybody have experience with leaking couplings?) but now I'm reading that its a no no using teflon tape and my have to redue the flars. I hope this helps you. Stainless

Here is a link to the caliper mounting brackets (the main component of the conversion)

Classic Performance Products
    Aaron Strietzel
    Email Aaron
    Classic Performance Products Inc.
    378 E. Orangethorpe Ave
    Placentia, CA 92870
    Visit Our Site
    714/522-2000
    714/522-2500 fax