Thread: 65 Chevy Truck Suspension question

Default 65 Chevy Truck Suspension question

I have a '65 short bed I am going to build next. It is already lowered a bit with springs, has drums, and has been updated with power steering. I have a mounting plate to install the steering box correctly and strengthen the frame, but have not installed it, yet.

My question is about why I would want to go with the trailing arm upgrades for the rear and the tubular arms and all the gear for the front. I can quickly install a Mustang II and a 4 Link on other vehicles (in one weekend), but I don't see similar kits offered for the 1965.

The upgrades to the stock 65 gear seem to add up to more than all new parts for a 4 link setup and a Mustang II.

What should I do?????????????
    Last edited by wildearp; 11-16-2010 at 08:04 PM.

The trucks have a pretty good front end as it is. With adding the tubular components you'll have better ground clearance in the front end and less flex compared to stock. Also, the tubular a-arms allow more caster adjustment and use an interlocking bushing/cross shaft design that is a much better setup then the stock greasable cross shafts.

With the rear; the trailing arms being tubular are alot stronger and no flex compared to the stock arms and with a lowered truck using the cross member you will not drastically change your pinion angle when its all together!

All and all it is worth the investment. On a truck like this that has factory independant suspension you want the travel of the front end unlike a mustang II. Mustang II's are great with the early haulers but not right for the C-10's.
    Aaron Strietzel
    Email Aaron
    Classic Performance Products Inc.
    378 E. Orangethorpe Ave
    Placentia, CA 92870
    Visit Our Site
    714/522-2000
    714/522-2500 fax