Thread: Brakes Pulling & Oscilating.

Default Brakes Pulling & Oscilating.

Problem: The car stops good but as the title says, pulls to the right. For the first few stops the brakes work correctly but the more, or harder, I use them the worse they pull/oscillate.
    Checks I've Made: I jacked up the car, spun the wheels/tires, minor resistance nothing seemed to be dragging excessivly. Pulled the wheels, examined the rotors, used a straight edge clamped in a vice to check both sides of the rotors. No warping or excessive wear. Checked booster pushrod per tech directions, rod was beyond the brake booster so I trimmed it back even w/the booster front edge.Brake problems still there.
    Car/Brakes: '36 Plymouth hot rod, 3,500 lbs, Front brakes-GM Metric disc, Rear brakes-Ford drums. Brake booster-Mid 70's Corvette, Master cylinder- mid 70's Ford, 1" shallow bore, dual cylinder. All parts are new, or recently rebuilt.
    Any advice or help is appreciated & Thanks.

Pulling would not be anything with a proportional valve or any type of pre-load on the master... If that was the case both front brakes would be having an issue. Sounds like you either have a out of round rotor or a caliper pistion sticking or a brake pad problem? Switch the pads and rotors from side to side and see if it still does it on the other side.
    Aaron Strietzel
    Email Aaron
    Classic Performance Products Inc.
    378 E. Orangethorpe Ave
    Placentia, CA 92870
    Visit Our Site
    714/522-2000
    714/522-2500 fax

Thanks for the reply Aaron, will do & I'll post the results.