Thread: Do I have the correct brake lines?

Default Do I have the correct brake lines?

I am installing the 4 wheel disc kit for 67 chevelle and I'm not sure if the lines provided to connect PV to MC are correct. When I mock it up they place the PV about 15 inches away from the original mounting bracket. I can build a new bracket if this is supposed to be the new location, but I was not giving a new front to rear line in the kit so it looks like I am supposed to use the old line. It seems like the PV to MC lines should be much shorter and that I should have recieved the PV to rear brake line as well.

sorry for the late reply; the prop valve included in the kit is suppose to be bolted down on the framerail were the stock metering valve was placed. This is how the brake lines are configured.
    Aaron Strietzel
    Email Aaron
    Classic Performance Products Inc.
    378 E. Orangethorpe Ave
    Placentia, CA 92870
    Visit Our Site
    714/522-2000
    714/522-2500 fax

Default Same kit on a '69

I ran into that problem with my '69 Malibu, although my PV came bracketed to the MC with the lines in place, and I just used a line coupler and a 30" brake line from my local CarQuest. The extra length allowed me to route the line up the firewall and around the booster. I also had to find an adapter to mate the rear brake port of the proportioning valve to my rear brake line.