Thread: 1948 Ford F1 brake questions.

Default 1948 Ford F1 brake questions.

About to start work on my friends 48 F1 its been modified a little, its now got a 350 Chevy\trans\ back axle for starters, but whoever did this made it near impossible to drive atm as the brake pedal and accelerator pedal are now both to the right of the column [as original in fact the clutch pedal is under the carpet ] which is fine for a manual drive, but a real death trap when its an auto. Unless of course your deformed in some way and you like sitting side saddle.
    He has [amongst other stuff] bought a CPP firewall mounted brake booster with combined proportioning valve attached. For one theres no guide i can find to fitting this, i assume you line it up with the firewall as best you can?
    The front brake pipe union fitting [where they attach at the master cylinder and at the brakes] are very tiny in size, does anyone know what size they are and what size is the brake pipe used? The rear axle is also chevy but at least the fittings are modern sizes so should pose no problem.
    We are in the UK btw so any help would be great, thanks.

Ok can someone point me to a forum that might help with this ??

81 views and not a single reply.

Found somewhere and got the answers i needed in minutes.
    Ford Trucks .com

Sorry, I did not seen this sooner. The fitting sizes are 3/8x24 inverted flare(standard 3/16" brake line size) . As for the pedal instructions you can find them here:
    Classic Performance Products
    Aaron Strietzel
    Email Aaron
    Classic Performance Products Inc.
    378 E. Orangethorpe Ave
    Placentia, CA 92870
    Visit Our Site
    714/522-2000
    714/522-2500 fax