Thread: M/C With Built In Proportioning Valve

Default M/C With Built In Proportioning Valve

I'm doing a "56 BelAir resto mod and using disc/disc for the braking system. I had plans on using the CPP unit with the built in proportioning valve, however I have been told that a proportioning valve is not needed on a disc/disc set up because you want the same pressure front/rear and an 8" single diaphram would be more than adequate. He went on to say that if I were to use a dual diaphram booster it would make the brake pedal very "touchy". And, just today I was informed that I should use one (proportioning valve) for correct pressure to the brakes because rotor and tire size has to be taken into consideration. It was also explained to me that with the 8" single diaphram booster I should use a 1" bore M/C.
    Any and all input would be greatly appreciated...
    Allen

Good Morning,

The MCPV-1 master would be a great choice. With 4 wheel disc you need to be able to make an adjustment to the rears (with a prop valve) so they are not touchy. This will allow you to fine tune it and not lock up the rear brakes. The 8" single and 1" master would work great. The 8 dual booster is even better.
    Aaron Strietzel
    Email Aaron
    Classic Performance Products Inc.
    378 E. Orangethorpe Ave
    Placentia, CA 92870
    Visit Our Site
    714/522-2000
    714/522-2500 fax