Thread: E brake cable trouble

Default E brake cable trouble

currently doing four wheel C5 disc brake upgrade to my 1979 camaro.
    Trouble I am having is the routing the Emergency brake cables on the drivers side caliper. the drivers side has to facing FWD (correct) otherwise it will interfere with the shock.
    My issue is the cable now has to be inserted from the rear of the caliper for it to pull on the lever to activate the brake. Please tell me what I am overlooking or what I am doing wrong.

Thanks for you help in advance AJ

Default E brake cable trouble

I have the same issue with my 77 Camaro. With the caliper setup provided for the Drivers side, the cable wlll need to go through a J-Tube or the component would have to somehow be reversed. Is there a simple solution?

Default Me too. Manyt problems installingl the Big Brake kit on the rear of my 65 Chevelle

Quote Originally Posted by birdnherd64 View Post
    I have the same issue with my 77 Camaro. With the caliper setup provided for the Drivers side, the cable wlll need to go through a J-Tube or the component would have to somehow be reversed. Is there a simple solution?
    I tried to mount the calipers in the forward position. As you described, the E brake cable must make an extremely tight course reversal to get routed back toward the front of the vehicle to connect with the existing E brake cables. I got the shock relocation brackets and moved the shocks 3 inches inward out of the way of the caliper so I can mount the calipers on the rear of the axel. Doesn't look like that will work either as the axel flange is in the way of the E brake cable mounting point on the caliper.

So, where do I get the infamous J-Tube? Looks like I have to disassemble everything for the 5th time and mount the calipers at the forward positon after all.