Thread: 1970 chevelle

Default 1970 chevelle

I am looking to redo my suspension on my stock 1970 chevelle. I have power steering that i replaced last year. i have larger than normal wheels and tires. 225 on the front 245 on the back. My car wanders all over the road. I have had the front bushings replaced and i do have power brakes with slotted and drilled rotors on the front. Drum brakes on the back. I want to redo the suspension front and back with out breaking the bank. where do i start? someone i talked to said control arms, shocks and sway bar on the front and a big sway bar on the back. i looked at the stage 2 kit. that seems like it might be the right way to go. are the upper control arms adjustable? lots of questions but it need help.. everyone i talked to SAYS CPP IS THE PLACE TO COME TO GET WHAT I NEED.

the stage 2 kit is a great way to go. If you are looking for the adjustability of a coilover shock this makes a great choice. If you are looking for a more traditional coil spring also look at the stage 1 kit. They both have the same suspension parts with the exception of the coilover vs coil spring difference.

One other thing to really consider as well would be he new steering box and steering linkage. sell he CP50004 steering box (CPP 500 series) and a steering linkage kit.

Please feel free to call or email with any questions would be more then happy to assist.
    Aaron Strietzel
    Email Aaron
    Classic Performance Products Inc.
    378 E. Orangethorpe Ave
    Placentia, CA 92870
    Visit Our Site
    714/522-2000
    714/522-2500 fax