Thread: installing cpp cnotch and trian 4 link on '72 c20 lwb w/leafs...

Default installing cpp cnotch and trian 4 link on '72 c20 lwb w/leafs...

Hi all. New to the forum. 2Nd guessing myself or just straight procrastinating my whole build. In the process of bagging my 72' c20. Done hydros a few times,but bag and link setup and on a truck is a lil different. I got the front done no problem,although i am gonna save for a dropmember later instead of Z ing the frame like some do. Im just stuck on the back now and just unsure how i wanna start?? Read so many different ways to do 4 link. Beds off so i guess thats a start?? I kinda wanted to leave the leafs on and weld in my links. I can see how the upper links would be doable,but im just not seeing being able to get either lower link brackets on at all with the leafs in?? I want my brackets outside the frame rails. The front tabs hit the leaf cuz they reach right where the front leaf mount is? And the links axle brackets line up right where the leaf bolts to the axle?? Its that darn kinky curved frame rail!! Im over budget,dont wanna box my frame and lose stability running my lower links on the inside,and i cant attach it to the under side of the rails cuz later when i put in a full big step notch everything will bind in a nice big mess an ill have to redo everything. Im considering putting in the c notches,then removing both leafs after tacking two adjustable guide bars inside the frame,then with the bars tacked so the axle cant shift move the axle up till the old shocks bottom out,then just double quadruple measure and cycle everything tacked together before doin the final welds?? I know,sounds right out the 4 link manual,but theres some things that i just havent seen on other c20s that are on my rear end?? The shocks seem in a different spot than others,and theres these weird tabs on the axle that kinda look like some kinda old mini bag mounts? Short rectangular with a slit down the center? Each tab comes off the front of the axle like front axle bag mounts,right under frame rails?? But theyre too small for bags?? I dont know. Its late,ill get pics on here tomarrow. Anyone put universal triangulated 4 links on a long bed c20 with leaf springs and got any pics,pointers,ideas...itd be appreciated. Even if i read it or seen it done already,still,thanks. Never know,outta 5 known answers the 6th may hold the piece of the puzzle ur missing?? Have a good night yall.

Thanks for the replies.
    ominto
    [URL=https://www.linkedin.com/company/ominto]ominto[/URL]