Thread: "Budget" CPP tubular control arms and coilovers

Default "Budget" CPP tubular control arms and coilovers

Hi !!! ...... CPP references that the QA1 coilover spring/shocks offered will not "work" with the less expensive tubular control arms offered on several pages and lookups. May i ask why ? I'm assuming it might be a liability or strength issue with the "spring bucket" being 2" lower but other companies have no issues or notations .... What's cpp's reasoning ? I would buy and apply the c5 brake kit to these if it weren't an issue. I won these arms in a raffle and they look quite sturdy and with upgraded ball joints have been used by others with great success .... Please advise .... Best regards, cw

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw View Post
    Hi !!! ...... CPP references that the QA1 coilover spring/shocks offered will not "work" with the less expensive tubular control arms offered on several pages and lookups. May i ask why ? I'm assuming it might be a liability or strength issue with the "spring bucket" being 2" lower but other companies have no issues or notations .... What's cpp's reasoning ? I would buy and apply the c5 brake kit to these if it weren't an issue. I won these arms in a raffle and they look quite sturdy and with upgraded ball joints have been used by others with great success .... Please advise .... Best regards, cw
    The economy lower arms have a specific lower spring pocket that is lowered 1.5-2" and is strictly setup for a coil spring, shock setup. The coilover mounts to the lower shock bolts and the material is too deep to allow room for the adjusters and the plate is not beefy enough for the mounting without some type of reinforcement. Also, the C5 spindle setup does not clear the ball joints on the large lower control arm.
    Aaron Strietzel
    Email Aaron
    Classic Performance Products Inc.
    378 E. Orangethorpe Ave
    Placentia, CA 92870
    Visit Our Site
    714/522-2000
    714/522-2500 fax