Thread: Suspension kit stage 1 with c5 spindles front end ride height 69 chevelle

Default Suspension kit stage 1 with c5 spindles front end ride height 69 chevelle

Last year I purchased the stage 1 suspension kit with c5 spindles. I have installed all of the parts on my Chevelle except the spindles. I am using the old stock drum brake spindles until I can get brake for the new c5 spindles. My question is will the front end drop to the proper ride height when I install the c5 spindles? Right now it is too high even after cutting the springs down by one coil. While searching for brake components I found info on the c5 spindles that said they are stock height. Before I spend more time and money I would like to know what direction I'm heading in. If the c5 spindles don't drop the front ride height why are they included in this kit? The kit was advertised as dropping the car by 2".

The C5 spindle is stock ride height. Does not drop the vehicle. They are included since the hub bolts to the spindle instead of having a traditional spindle pin.
    Aaron Strietzel
    Email Aaron
    Classic Performance Products Inc.
    378 E. Orangethorpe Ave
    Placentia, CA 92870
    Visit Our Site
    714/522-2000
    714/522-2500 fax

Quote Originally Posted by CPPAaron View Post
    The C5 spindle is stock ride height. Does not drop the vehicle. They are included since the hub bolts to the spindle instead of having a traditional spindle pin.
    This makes absolutely no sense to me because now the car is lowered in the back and not in the front. I have spent money on spindles (or springs) that are useless. Lucky I did not buy all the brake parts for the c5 spindles since I obviously can't use the if I want the car to sit level at a lower stance. All of the proper components should be supplied to either lower the car or leave it at stock height. I will no longer be purchasing anything from CPP in the future.

If you bought the kit that came with the C5 spindles you actually bought the complete suspension package not the stage 1 kit. The suspension package includes a 1.5" front DROP coil. So end result is a 1.5" drop front and rear. Now keep in mind that front coils have to settle and will intially look a bit higher in the front till they do settle.
    Aaron Strietzel
    Email Aaron
    378 E. Orangethorpe Ave
    Placentia, CA 92870
    Visit Our Site
    714/522-2000
    714/522-2500 fax

Hello Aaron
    I m looking to install my a-arm and shock and i got few question? The lower arm come with speed clip and small bolt and the qa1 come with bigger bolt and nylon nut , if i install the speed nut , the bottom of the shock hit the speed nut , and the qa1 bolt are bigger then the hole in the lower arm? What do you suggest? Drill bigger hole?
    -my upper passenger rubber balljoint boots is damage , do you have a parts number for the boots and the clip?
    i also got the 30100 drop spindle and i would like to know if the bearing need grease and the torque for the nut that hold the hub?
    Thanks

Good Morning,

Yes, with the coilover install you need to open the holes up to mount. With the hubs, If we pre-assembled them and greased them they are ready to go.
    Aaron Strietzel
    Email Aaron
    378 E. Orangethorpe Ave
    Placentia, CA 92870
    Visit Our Site
    714/522-2000
    714/522-2500 fax

Hello Aaron,

I'm hitting the same problem with the tubular lower control arm speed nut does not have enough clearance for the head of the Black Magic shock. was your suggestion to open the holes in the lca or in the shock?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ap120266 View Post
    Hello Aaron,

I'm hitting the same problem with the tubular lower control arm speed nut does not have enough clearance for the head of the Black Magic shock. was your suggestion to open the holes in the lca or in the shock?

Thanks
    Also, are do you recommend using the speed nuts and bolts that came with the lca, or the ones that came with the shock?

Thanks again,