Thread: stage 3 kit 67 camaro

Default stage 3 kit 67 camaro

i just ordered, and recieved a stage 3 kit for a 67 camaro.. .
    it was like christmas when the fed-ex truck showed up with all the boxes, and then depression set in.
    upon opening to make sure everything was there and to see all the shiny new parts, first thing was the front disc backing plate was bent around the rotor, no big deal - i could just bend it back into shape, but should i have to, this stuff is supposed to be new, i called and spoke to van, he said no problem send me a picture and i'll send ya some new ones. great.
    so i took all my new stuff to my other shop to assemble it to my fully welded, freshly painted stock subframe.

the lower control arms went in easy enough - although if you try to tourqe the bolts from the nut side it just twists out the cheap lock-washers that are included.
    the uppers are nice looking pieces but if you try to install the same alignment shims the arm hits the frame before it hits the bump stop, and on 67 the lower bump stop is on the frame these arms have them on the front lower tube.
    the QA1's went together ok although only one spanner wrench came in the kit, the catalog pictures all show with 2 wrenches
    o.k. so time to connect the spindles, easy enough, and swap the steering arms, the bolts they include are not correct, they fit without and drilling but one goes through long enough to add another nut and the other doesnt even come though the end of the locknut
    put on the rotors and calipers and they are clearly crooked, the outer pad scrapes on the hub its about a 1/4 down from the top of the rotor, and its clear that the caliper pins are crooked
    now that theres something to hold on to trying to turn the spindle from left to right as if steering it takes a ton of effort to move, ok its all new, added a little grease to the ball joints - no better
    hopefully aaron will get back to me with some help he seems to answer all the questions here
    van had the day off so ill have to try again tomorrow i guess
    maybe theres a secret word i was supposed to say to get the good stuff
    Last edited by 67coop; 12-08-2014 at 11:18 AM. Reason: spelling but now its worse

I forwarded this info to Van. He said he has been in touch with you. Please let me know if you have any other questions. My direct email is aaron@classicperform.com and van's is van@classicperform.com
    Aaron Strietzel
    Email Aaron
    Classic Performance Products Inc.
    378 E. Orangethorpe Ave
    Placentia, CA 92870
    Visit Our Site
    714/522-2000
    714/522-2500 fax