PDA

View Full Version : pump will not pump

buhl
11-28-2010, 05:22 PM
i got one of your 5oo steering box kits in oct. got it on last weekend.put fluid in started car did not feel like ps hard to turn.ck belt and fluid look at hoses all looked good.started again no power steering.i took pressure hose off steering box,started car let idle no fluid came out.tookpressure hose off pump fluid drained out.took both hoses off car they look good.took pump off car ck.pressure hole it looked good. put every thing back on car filled up with fluid put belt on. started car no power steering i would think with the pressure off steering box with car running it should blow flood out. what do i do now? bill booth 11731 elem drive, northport,alabama 35475

buhl
11-28-2010, 05:32 PM
i forgot to say it goes on a 55 chevy

CPPAaron
11-29-2010, 09:08 AM
Hello Bill,

Email me your invoice #. I dont see you in our system so I will need that. It sounds like the pump is having an issue though. send the inv# to aaron@classicperform.com

buhl
12-05-2010, 07:04 PM
i did not buy the 500 steering kit from cpp but one of your vendors i guess.the instructions had cpp name on them.i ordered this the first week in oct.got everything the next day all but the rag joint took a month to get it after calling a lot.so i called them a couple weeks ago about the pump not working i dont think they will send another pump said they would.after some looking around i think i know what cars these pumps came on so i will get one from napa or rebuild this one.its almost like the ccp disc brake kit i bought 3 yrs ago not from you but someone else.put it on never did work good.not power brakes did not order power i took the master cylinder off to put on the power steering and the ms has a 1.125 bore maybe thats why the car is so hard to stop whats the odds of getting the right one now.i spent a lot of money on those brakes all new everything and a lot of time trying to find out what was wrong with them.never thougt i had the wrong mastercylinder.

CPPAaron
12-06-2010, 07:55 AM
Yes, we do have dealers that purchase our steering boxes only so I would recommend getting in contact with your dealer about there supplied pump.

As for Manual brakes; they work the best with a 1" bore master. The 1 1/8" is generally for power brakes.