PDA

View Full Version : Porportioning valve conversion.

carson82
12-01-2010, 07:23 PM
Can a CPP disk/drum porportioning valve be changed to a disk/disk porportioning valve by removing a restriction in the rear port.

CPPAaron
12-02-2010, 07:47 AM
Here is a link to the instructions for doing this!

Classic Performance Products (http://www.classicperform.com/Instructions/PDF/Prop_Valve_Mod_Instructions.htm)

Viper1
02-14-2011, 04:21 PM
I pulled the rubber piston out of mine today. It doesn't mention taking out the spring, but i assume you remove that too. Correct?

arnmon
02-14-2011, 04:58 PM
I have a 66 Elcamino same issue. So far I have tries new Booster, and Master gone through 2 engines no change. I did swapout the rubber hoses in the rear brakes and it helped a little. I am now going to repl. all front brake lines to see what happens. I will let you know.

Matt Ringer
02-14-2011, 06:52 PM
I fabbed up all new lines and the rear rubber has been replaced. New front lines too. The booster feels better, but with the low pressure on the calipers, it may be master. I got busied up on a friends firebird today, so no work was done on the ElCo. I look forward to your diagnostics too. What presure do you have at your calipers, do you know?

arnmon
02-21-2011, 05:26 PM
Unfortunately the El is apart right now. Been doing update this winter. Should be ready to takle the Brake issue by Mid March. Will let you know what I find then.