PDA

View Full Version : Brakes Pulling & Oscilating.

acr
03-28-2011, 04:10 PM
Problem: The car stops good but as the title says, pulls to the right. For the first few stops the brakes work correctly but the more, or harder, I use them the worse they pull/oscillate.
Checks I've Made: I jacked up the car, spun the wheels/tires, minor resistance nothing seemed to be dragging excessivly. Pulled the wheels, examined the rotors, used a straight edge clamped in a vice to check both sides of the rotors. No warping or excessive wear. Checked booster pushrod per tech directions, rod was beyond the brake booster so I trimmed it back even w/the booster front edge.Brake problems still there.
Car/Brakes: '36 Plymouth hot rod, 3,500 lbs, Front brakes-GM Metric disc, Rear brakes-Ford drums. Brake booster-Mid 70's Corvette, Master cylinder- mid 70's Ford, 1" shallow bore, dual cylinder. All parts are new, or recently rebuilt.
Any advice or help is appreciated & Thanks.

CPPAaron
03-30-2011, 08:29 AM
Pulling would not be anything with a proportional valve or any type of pre-load on the master... If that was the case both front brakes would be having an issue. Sounds like you either have a out of round rotor or a caliper pistion sticking or a brake pad problem? Switch the pads and rotors from side to side and see if it still does it on the other side.

acr
03-30-2011, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the reply Aaron, will do & I'll post the results.