PDA

View Full Version : What kind of replacement pads do I buy?

Darren
03-17-2012, 07:21 PM
Have you ever gone into a parts store to get something for your custom hot rod, and the kid behind the counter asks for the year, make, & model and it becomes like searching for a needle in a hay stack?

I bought the Big Brake 13" Rotor Conversion kit part number M2WBK-P13G for my 37 Chevy project. It may be a long time from now, but someday I will need replacement pads. Or, someone I sell the car to will need replacement pads.

If I were to go to my local auto parts store, what kind of brake pads do I need to ask for to fit my calipers? Are the pads from the kit based on the same profile as some common vehicle's pads? Not looking to go around CPP, but who knows how long the company will be in business, or if they change design, etc. I guess one option is to order extra pads now from CPP to fit, but then I'd have to store them.

I just like to have everything documented in my 37 Chevy file for future use.

On the CPP web site, the pads I see are:
CPBP-52 1970-77 Camaro calipers, set
CPBP-154 1982-92 S-10 calipers, set

Not sure which one of these would fit.

Thanks,
Darren

CPPAaron
03-20-2012, 07:43 AM
Have you ever gone into a parts store to get something for your custom hot rod, and the kid behind the counter asks for the year, make, & model and it becomes like searching for a needle in a hay stack?

I bought the Big Brake 13" Rotor Conversion kit part number M2WBK-P13G for my 37 Chevy project. It may be a long time from now, but someday I will need replacement pads. Or, someone I sell the car to will need replacement pads.

If I were to go to my local auto parts store, what kind of brake pads do I need to ask for to fit my calipers? Are the pads from the kit based on the same profile as some common vehicle's pads? Not looking to go around CPP, but who knows how long the company will be in business, or if they change design, etc. I guess one option is to order extra pads now from CPP to fit, but then I'd have to store them.

I just like to have everything documented in my 37 Chevy file for future use.

On the CPP web site, the pads I see are:
CPBP-52 1970-77 Camaro calipers, set
CPBP-154 1982-92 S-10 calipers, set

Not sure which one of these would fit.

Thanks,
Darren

Good Morning, The part numbers for the pads are the same as the above part numbers a D52 (front) and D347R (rear) any auto parts store will have these.