PDA

View Full Version : brake booster

bungalo
10-01-2012, 03:30 PM
brake booster (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/brake-booster-224414.html)

bungalo
10-06-2012, 04:48 PM
Wheres CPP Aaron?

CPPAaron
10-08-2012, 07:09 AM
I cant post on the other site but reading though it my idea would be try a stronger return spring. Sometimes when a booster is new and tight the weight of the pedal can cause this with a strong vaccuum source.

bungalo
10-08-2012, 02:59 PM
I cant post on the other site but reading though it my idea would be try a stronger return spring. Sometimes when a booster is new and tight the weight of the pedal can cause this with a strong vaccuum source.
I could try that, but I believe it is a booster issue. Don't know about the weight of the pedal thought, because the brake pedal has absolutely zero resistance when not attached to booster pushrod. It simply moves freely, so it really only needs the smallest minute force to move it, which the booster/M/C should easily do on it's own. Put a return spring on the pedal into the equation, and it should be fine. But no. So with that said, why do I need to physical, with some force, have to pull pedal back the last 1/4-3/4"? Booster? Probably! Proportioning valve? Maybe.
Remember, pedal returns FULLY, every time, with vac disconnect while driving vehicle.