PDA

View Full Version : brake troubles

wickedcutlass
02-13-2013, 10:31 PM
okay so ive purchased the 13inch big brake kit with 2inch drop spindles along with 7 or 8 inch not exactly sure booster and wilwood master from you guys.....installed all correctly.........i had to tweak the front caliper brackets to make sure the caliper was aligned with the rotors......ive properly adjusted the ebrake on my rear disc brakes as well with properly bleeding the rear calipers since they had tobe pulled off and tilted to get all the air out.....im not a complete noob here and am pretty good with this stuff......bench bled the master and also adjusted the pedal properly.........went to drive the car the first time and the brakes really sucked......hard pedal and had to use lost of leg pressure to get to stop fast and wasnt even that fast.......yes the booster is holding vacuum and i thnk i checked the booster properly.....the brakes did get a bit better after a few hard stops but noting like i thought they would be...any ideas at what to check or what todo...thanks

sorry it was for my 1962 impala that i purchased this all for....it was either right from you guys or from your ebay page..........

also do you know what steering column you guys sell that would fit the 1962 impala with column shift...and tilt......thanks

CPPAaron
02-14-2013, 08:37 AM
a couple things; The brakes as you continue to use them will wear the zinc and start to seat more allowing more stopping power. Make sure the Ebrake cables are setup and properly adjusted. Also prior to that ratchet the rear levers back and forth till you feel alot of resistance(this means they are adjusted) hook up the cable and adjust the tension. Also, a booster of any size needs a minimum of 18" of vacuum to properly function. This really matters more when a smaller booster is used.

CPPAaron
02-14-2013, 08:39 AM
as for the steering column; we carry the IDIDIT retro-fit series on both column and floor shift setups in paintable, Black powdercoat and Chrome finishes.