PDA

View Full Version : 1932 ford booster/master cyclender question

Vance
04-06-2013, 09:55 AM
I am considering purchasing the MCPV-1 master cylinder kit with dual diaphragm booster for my 1932 Ford Tudor sedan. I acquired the car a few months ago, and while trying to figure out why it didn't stop as well as it should with front and rear disk brakes, I found it had a single diaphragm booster. The car was restored with Jag front and rear suspension likely late 70's to mid 80's origin which typically uses 7/8" - 15/16" although some years did use 1" bore. Current master cylinder has a "29969 made in America" stamped on the side. Looks like it may be from a Corvette with 1 1/8" bore. Does anyone have thoughts or suggestions about best bore size to purchase to get the best braking performance? I'm leaning toward the 1".

CPPAaron
04-06-2013, 09:59 AM
Matching the stock bore size is the key as well as the pedal ratio. If the pedal ratio is the same as what the jag one was and the 1" was used the MCPV-1 (CP31500-C) would be the one to use

Vance
04-06-2013, 10:18 AM
When I took it to the classic Jag shop for some suspension work, they were unable to tell the exact year or model. so pedal ratio and master cylinder bore size are not known. Any ideas on how to proceed? I can make the pedal ratio be whatever I need it to be because I am re-doing that also.

CPPAaron
04-06-2013, 10:43 AM
You will need to research what they are to get that info.... We dont deal in the Jag stuff so that info is not available from us. I would say if the 1-1/8" has too much travel going to a 1" bore will increase pressure and drop the volume.