PDA

View Full Version : 68 Camaro - Looking for front power disc conversion and some suspension parts

zdude
05-02-2013, 06:48 PM
Hi,
I have 68 Camaro RS, with the base small block. All suspension is original (except that shocks were replaced with cheapos about 20 years ago), and it's got Power 4-Drums for brakes. I'm running 15" steel 5-spoke rally wheels from a 79 Z28, which I'd like to keep because of tire/wheel cost; maybe I'll upgrade the wheels a few years down the road, but not now.

Right now I'd like to do a front disc conversion, tubular A-arms, new shocks, springs, sway bar.

Would like:
1. A brake setup which will fit in the 15" wheels, but with 2-piston (or more) calipers. I don't like the dated, small, and dainty look of the single piston calipers.
2. Drilled/slotted rotors
3. Master cyl, booster, prop valve, hard lines
3. Braided steel hoses
4. Tubular A-arms with good bushings, ball joints, etc.
5. Don't know yet if I want stock or drop spindles, but I definitely don't want a huge trial and error exercise with steering/tire interference.

Do not need:
1. $3k Baer's or Brembo's (plus they probably wouldn't fit inside the 15" wheels)
2. $1000+ A-arms

As others have stated, it's a bit confusing looking through the CPP offerings, because a lot of kits link to same picture, with a statement that some parts will vary from the pic. So this makes it very difficult for me to know what is actually in the kit, what it looks like, etc.

I'd like to keep this in the $2k or less range if possible. Any suggestions or links to some CPP kits?

Thanks,
zdude

CPPAaron
05-03-2013, 04:12 PM
We certainly have a few different options with the brakes and the control arms. Being a 15" wheel the Dual piston Wilwood type D-52 calipers can be added as an upgrade. When you have a free moment please give us a call at 800-522-5004. We would be happy to assist with this kit and see how close we can keep this in your budget.