PDA

View Full Version : Camaro 1967 pro touring kit question

Sebastien Letourneau
06-14-2013, 05:41 PM
Hello i m looking at your pro touring kit for a 1967 camaro . Can you tell my what s include in the pro touring stage 3 and the pro touring stage 4 to compare both kit ? How lower the car gonne be ? Are the spindle are included?is this mono leaf or multi?thanks

CPPAaron
06-15-2013, 07:52 AM
Good Morning,

Both kits are the full suspension kits (multi leaf) with the control arms, sway bars, coilovers, rear adjustable shocks and brakes with the CPP MCPV-1 master. The stage 3 is an 11" brake setup both front and rear perfect for 15" wheels. The stage 4 kit includes are CPP big brake kit (13" front, 12" rear) and suites 17" and larger wheels.

Both kits require disc brake spindles. We offer a stock or 2" drop spindles. The kits suspension wise will lower the front 1" and the rear 1.5".

Good time to buy over this Fathers day weekend! Take advantage of our 10% off till sunday night.

RSCam
07-02-2013, 08:54 PM
Hi Aaron,

i am at the beginning stages of planning the next phase for my 67 RS. My car has a "built" 327, 5spd, 12 bolt posi and complete stock suspension, still rolling on 15" Rallye Sport steel wheels with non-descript tires. I have read and re-read the CCP Stage IV Kit install on Chris Sanford's 67 SS Camaro, on Camaro Performers.com. I replied to Chris on Pro Touring.com, but no reply yet. I am very interested in following the same route that he took. The thing is, I am not going do this work myself, I have definitely "been there, done that" in my younger years. I need help in finding a quality and qualified shop that can not only handle the work, but will work with me in executing a plan with figuring out what other parts I may need; I.E., rear brake conversion; 17" or 18"' 265-40 or 255-40' etc.

As you should be able to see, I am in Pasadena, CA and if there or any such shops around here, they don't put there business on the web.

I sincerely appreciate your time and any advice you can offer.

RSCam
07-06-2013, 04:09 PM
Does anyone have any shop suggestions?

CPPAaron
07-08-2013, 07:01 AM
We have a local guy around here. Email me at aaron@classicperform.com and I would give you their contact info!

Sebastien Letourneau
12-08-2013, 05:31 PM
Hi Aaron
i m planning to purchase the pro touring stage 4 for 67 camaro during christmas and i got few questions
-in the kit did the a-arm ,leafspring,caliper come powdercoated or it s a option?
-the bushing for the a-arm and leafspring are polyurethane?
- for future maintenance did the bushing are standard for a 67 camaro (ex bushing kit from Energy suspension)?
-all the hardware in the pics are included? (bolt,brake hose,parking brake cable, rear end gasket 10 bolts)
-the front hub and bearing are included?
-for future maintenance did the brake pad and rotor can be purchased separately?
-my car was monoleaf, do i need to change my rear shock anchor plate?
-do you have a brake booster to recommand with the mcpv1 and do i need more parts except the brake line ?
-do you have different spring rate for your spring? I planning to install a ls engine maybe iron bloc from a truck?
-which drop spindle you recommand, are they compatible with rack a pinion system?
do you have a basic setup for adjustement for shocks?
Sorry for all those question but i m in quebec canada and i want to combined shipping
thanks

CPPAaron
12-09-2013, 10:41 AM
1)The A-arms are Black or silver powder coated (no additional charge) the calipers are plain but can be powder coated (RED, BLACK, BLUE or SILVER) for $55.00/pr ($110.00 for all 4) The leafsprings come painted only.

2)The front control arms are Duraleen Patented bushings that are self lubricated, non wear, non squeek... The rear leafs use Poly-Plus with the a poly bushing with graphite in them to control squeeking.

3) The front bushings are non-wear so these should never have any issue. The rear are the same as Energy.

4) All hardware that is in the pictures are included. Typically, the only hadware that is needed we include only if it is different then OE equipment. This includes the front hubs and bearings yes.

5) Rotors and pads are available seperately that is correct (Pads can be bought at any parts house)

6) The rear leaf spring plates can be used as well as the shock mounts

7) If you have a minimum 18 inches of vaccuum at idle a standard 9" or 11" replacement booster we have will work fine.... If you are running a hopped up cam or will not have the proper vacuum then the Hydralic boosters we offer are a better choice. All you need is to plumb your brake lines

8) We have different spring rate for your springs based off the engine choice. That is no problem.

9) the CP30100 is compatable with the bolt on steering arms that are for the rack and pinion kits.

this should about cover the above questions. Please feel free to email me directly if you have any other questions or when you are ready to get this ordered. Thanks

Sebastien Letourneau
03-03-2014, 02:12 PM
Hello Aaron,
i just received my pro touring stage 4 for my 67 camaro! It look great! I would like to know where i can find more installation instruction for all the parts? The parts number for replacing my brake pad in the future ? I m trying to install the leaf spring just want to make sure everything is at the right place, the isolator pad that goes over the leaf seem s a little wide ? Do i have to cut the side?
thanks for the support

CPPAaron
03-03-2014, 03:08 PM
All the parts of the pro touring packages simply bolt into place were the priginal parts come out. The brake kits and individual braket stuff can be found here:

http://www.classicperform.com/instructions.htm

We are also available over the phone for any questions you might have as well.

Sebastien Letourneau
08-17-2014, 06:36 PM
Hello Aaron
I m looking to install my a-arm and shock and i got few question? The lower arm come with speed clip and small bolt and the qa1 come with bigger bolt and nylon nut , if i install the speed nut , the bottom of the shock hit the speed nut , and the qa1 bolt are bigger then the hole in the lower arm? What do you suggest? Drill bigger hole?
-my upper passenger rubber balljoint boots is damage , do you have a parts number for the boots and the clip?
i also got the 30100 drop spindle and i would like to know if the bearing need grease and the torque for the nut that hold the hub?
Thanks

Sebastien Letourneau
08-18-2014, 02:54 AM
And also, can i use stock steering arm with the 30100 drop spindle?
Is the 30100 need to be paint?
thanks

CPPAaron
08-18-2014, 09:14 AM
Use the hardware that comes with the QA-1 as it is meant to support the car. The clip and the smaller bolt is only for coilspring applications.

The ball joint is the only way to buy the boot. They do not come seperate.

If the spindle assembly came bolted together the bearings are greased and ready to go.

The Spindles are raw iron so painting or clear coating is recommended to keep rust away.

Sebastien Letourneau
08-18-2014, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the support
i want to be sure before enlarge the hole in the lower arm because the 2 hole are near the big hole for the bottom of the shock.
do you have the part number for the ball joint and the boot?
the wheel bearing was in a separate bag and there no grease on them,
do you have the torque for the nut that hold the hub?
do i need a specal steering arm fo the 30100 spindle?
thanks

Sebastien Letourneau
08-19-2014, 01:44 PM
Hello Aaron
just want to know if you received my question from last night? Thanks

Sebastien Letourneau
08-25-2014, 05:35 PM
Any update about the part number for the ball joint ?

CPPAaron
08-26-2014, 06:59 AM
The upper ball joint is a part # FA487