PDA

View Full Version : Having Trouble Running Brake Lines

1969OldsmobileCutlass
04-20-2016, 05:15 PM
So currently I am in the middle of a disc brake conversion on m 1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass. I have hit a roadblock in mounting my proportioning valve and lines, nothing seems like it could go together.

This is the kit I bought
https://www.opgi.com/cutlass/M1790DX/
The kit does not come with a bracket for the prop. valve and doesn't mount directly below the mc like most do

The company says that the prop. valve is suppose to replace the distribution block and should mount directly onto the frame, however the prop. valve doesn't match up with any of the thread on the frame.

This is where I am in the project, I need to get the lines on before I can remount the brake & tire

The new brass proportioning valve on the left with the old distributor block (I think) on the right
the mounting device on the dist. block is attached via screw so it won't fit on the new prop. valve
I also fear that maybe what I think is the dist. block is something else, but they both have the brown brake failure wire so it probably is the correct part to replace. Also it seems that to mount over the dist. block the prop. valve would have to be backwards so that the ccp label faced the frame, this is fine but it makes me scared I'm mounting on the wrong side of the car.

These are my brake lines, the only one that seems like it'll line up is the very short one

This is where the dist block was mounted
the location of the actual bolts were those threaded holes to the left of the brake line on the frame. The exhaust manifold blocks the new prop. valve from fitting there

The kit I received also has some cool mystery parts that aren't mentioned in the instructions:
I have one the parts on the left pic and about 7 or 8 of the ones on the right. The instructions don't tell where they go and I have no idea what their use in, any explanation would be appreciated