Thread: Bedford power steering conversion

Default Bedford power steering conversion

I,m looking to put power steering on another RHD J2 Bedford pickup , [ looks like a 5 window 1953 Chev pick up ]I have had one done before and they used a HD Chev / Hummer power steer box , reversed so the out put shaft comes out the other side of the box . The box lies on top of the right chassis rail with the input shaft pointing towards the driver [ RHD ] the output shaft lies horizontal across the chassis and the pitman arm drops down the outside of the chassis . As I turn right , the pitman arm moves forward to turn right . My question is , is there a box out there that will do the same as I need , without modifying . Most of the boxes I,ve sampled turn left when I turn right because of where they were used stock . A lot of bigger boxes bolt to the side of the chassis and the pitman arm moves horizontally . In the position I will use , some boxes have input shaft under the output shaft or vice versa . Does this make a difference to output rotation , witch one should I sample next ,
    any help would be most appreciated

Default bedford power steer

plan B is to mount all the Bedford cab , tray and tow rig onto an 83 c10 chassis after conversion to RHD power steer , will need the right box or rack and pinion to make it work . any local suggestions please